The most valuable of beehive products, the most difficult to collect, the most expensive. Queen Bees are fed exclusively with it. They live for 3-5 years while worker bees live only for some weeks. This means that different life forms can be induced by the type of diet among individuals from the same genetic stock.
Two different fates from one genome!
How it acts on humans:
The key to understand how it is possible to act in seemingly opposite ways (while it helps people with insomnia to sleep,
A healthy and balanced body is a highly effective self healing entity. The problems start to appear when its chemical balance is disturbed.
While Royal jelly may not be a panacea, it is a natural dietary supplement which assists in acquiring this balance, significantly more valuable than common supplements:
– It strengthens the immune system and boosts energy
– It slows the effects of aging (main benefit)
– Studies indicate that it has cholesterol level lowering effects
– There is evidence that it has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties
– It can balance a person’s mood
– It slows the rate of hair loss
– It eases the symptoms of menopause
– It has positive effects on metabolism
– All the essential amino acids for humans are present in R.J. in sufficient proportions. Of the 29 amino acids that have been identified, the most important are aspartic and glutamic acid (Howe et al., 1985).
– The entire Vitamin B range. Royal jelly’s consistence of vitamins is characteristic: Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 (pantothenic acid), B6, B7, B8, B9, B12 and in smaller quantities Vitamin C, D, A and E. If you are looking for a good natural source
Pantothenic acid (B5) is essential to the production of cortisone and all adrenal steroids. It is also essential for ovarian hormones, the metabolism of estrogen and the proper functioning of the heart. It is of vital significance to the production of immunoglobulins, proteins produced by the white cells to fight off viruses, bacteria, fungi, and so on.
Royal jelly contains choline, inositol, PABA, and significant amounts of B12. It is a leading source of riboflavin (B2), the best source of pyridoxine (B6) and a good source of albumin.
The proportion of lipids is another important and very interesting feature of royal jelly. Lipids are mainly fatty acids with unusual and rare structure which has antibacterial and fungicidal properties. The most important kind of fatty acids it contains are hydroxyl acids, which are necessary for the immune system, especially 10-HDA.
It is also very rich in phospholipids which are essential for brain function. That is why many researches are finding royal jelly useful against Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
The main minerals it contains are: K, Ca, Na, Zn, Fe, Cu and Mn, with a strong predominance of Potassium, but in smaller concentrations than in bee pollen.
Royal jelly is high in acetylcholine and globulin. Acetylcholine (more than 1 mg/g) dilates blood vessels and is useful for treating circulatory disorders.
In addition, it also affects the nervous system allowing the transfer of neural oscillations from a nerve fibre to another and stimulates the secretion of adrenaline.
It contains globulin which is very important for boosting the immune system. There is no better source of globulin in nutrition than royal jelly. If your immune system is low, royal jelly will gradually boost it.
Royal jelly is also a supreme source of progesterone and estrogen (it is high in estradiol). If you have hormonal problems, like hot flashes, or problems with your menstrual cycle royal jelly is quick, fast and effective.
For men and women
It is a great source of natural steroid hormones and those steroids are safe, natural, and they are absolutely non-toxic.
Royal jelly also contains pheromones and numerous other unidentified substances.